At the end of our Compassion sermon series last fall each member of the congregation was asked to write down one compassionate action Pioneer Church should take in the coming year. Below you will find the actions that have been taken so far this year based on this feedback.
- We are continuing to connect with women and children at the YWCA
- Our Lenten “Soup for the Soul” study
- We continue our efforts for un-sheltered people and are working with United Way, YWCA, the Interfaith Coalition on Poverty, the Homeless Alliance, and the Homeless Roundtable.
- Grace Church Community Center – we are working with several non-profit groups to host un-sheltered women and children at the Grace facility until the Christian Aid Center construction work is completed in May.
- We are supporting efforts to protect immigrants by working with the Walla Walla Immigration Rights Coalition.
- This past Christmas we adopted a family for Christmas through the Salvation Army.
We continue to seek ways to serve the God of all compassion by serving in our community.