Being the new kid can be awkward, in school or at church. To make your first visit a comfortable one, this page gives you an idea of what to expect. If you have other questions we haven’t answered here, give us a call at (509) 525-1870.
What time is your Sunday worship service?
- We have two worship services on Sunday mornings. The services differ in style but both feature basically the same sermon, although the contemporary service is more of a teaching format and interactive.
- Our 9:00 a.m. service is a more casual service with contemporary Christian songs led by a praise band. It is held in the chapel.
- Our 10:30 a.m. service is more traditional and held in the sanctuary. There is always excellent music offered by our organist/pianist, adult choir, handbell choir, or guest musicians. Expect more traditional hymns, liturgy (responsive readings), and a traditional sermon. There is a time for children before they head to Sunday School.
- Communion is served the first Sunday of every month and at other special services throughout the year. Holy Communion is open to everyone including children. You do not need to be a member of our church, or any church, to come to the table. Gluten-free bread is available at both services. If you choose not to receive Communion, simply remain seated when others go forward.
What should I wear?
- It doesn’t matter what you wear. Some people wear suits or dresses; others come in casual slacks, jeans or shorts. Just come as you are.
Where are you located?
- We are located on the corner of Poplar St. and Colville St. in Walla Walla, WA. The main entrance and parking lot are located on Birch Street. There is also ample on-street parking surrounding the church.
Is the building accessible to persons with disabilities?
- Yes. Accessible parking is available in the main parking lot and a wheelchair ramp is located in front of the main entrance. Elevator access is available to all floors inside the church.
Do you have activities for children?
- Staffed childcare is available during both services for infants to 3 years old. The pastor has a special time for children where she shares a story or teaches a concept.
- Children age 4 to 5th grade may attend Godly Play during the 10:30 am worship service.
- Mid-high and high school youth attend class at the same time as Godly Play.
Do you have Sunday School for Adults?
- 9:00 am Adult Sunday School. A variety of topics taught by rotating teachers.
- 10:15 am Adult Class in the library that delves into the sermon topic.
- Other classes taught seasonally.
- You can find more information here.
Other questions? Contact us at 509-525-1870 or email@example.com.